puppys

puppys

Saturday, August 30, 2014

JUST LIKE THE MODELS


JUST LIKE THE MODELS

About a week ago, my friend Phyllis from "Aroundthehouse" called to see if I wanted to go with her to "Just Like the Models."  Of course, I said yes and off we went.  Phyl was on the hunt for some decorating items for her daughter and grandson.

Just Like The Models purchases all of the furniture and decorating items from the model homes after they have all been sold.  It is a very LARGE warehouse just full of everything you could think of.  They even buy irons, toasters, etc.  The cords have been cut before they go into the models so no will steal them.  When they buy a model home they get everything in that house.

Here are some shots of the warehouse so you can see how big it is.  For those of you that are in So. CA the store is in Irvine.  Not to far from Jamboree Road and Alton Parkway.


Here is some pictures of the furniture in the warehouse

This picture is of the dinning room tables, coffee tables and end tables


This aisle is so fun because there are dishes, glassware,  decorating items of all kinds.  There are boxes to go through that have napkins ring, shells, candles, etc.


Lots of beautiful rugs and some that are very expensive.  I know most of us bloggers are great shoppers and know the value of items when we see them.  There are some great deals if that is what you are looking for.


There are rows and rows of beautiful pictures in all shapes and sizes.


There are rows and rows of couches stacked on special frames so they can get more in there.  The longer the items stays - the more it is marked down, but if you really want it, you can't wait to long.


They have staged about four different living rooms so you can see how it looked in the model homes.  Of course you don't have to purchase everything only what you want.  Some of the decorative items are stunning.


I felt so sorry for that young man working there - he was trying to hang a really big picture and it was so hot in there - no A/C only fans.


Now on to the items that I purchased.


Don't you just love the decorative breads and sweet rolls - they look so real.



I only paid $7.98 for all of the breads and rolls.




There were only two of these napkins.  They were lovely linen with big rick rack on the edge of them and were only $1.00 each.  They will be fine for just me or if I have one guest over.


There are 4 of these beauties - such a pretty fall color for only $1.00 each.  Will look great with a Fall tablescape.


These napkins are such a pretty color combination and I just couldn't pass them up.  There were 6 napkins for $7.99.  The reason I purchased them is they go so well together with the wine glasses and napkin rings.  I have two sets of dishes that they will look stunning with.

These are a beautiful blue abalone shell napkin rings which look so good with the napkins - now wait for it  and you will understand my thinking.


Aren't these the most stunning blue wine glasses you've ever seen for just $1.98 each.  There were 5 of them, but I thought I really don't need 5, so I just purchased 4.  Got them home and didn't I drop one of them and it broke in so many little pieces.  I was so mad at my self, but I thought - oh there is another one. So I called right away and asked the girl if it was still there and she said yes.  Can you please hold it for me until tomorrow.  No, we only hold items for one hour.  I said I would give her my cc and when I explained what happened she agreed to keep it for me.   It was to late in the day and with after work traffic, I knew that I would not get there in time.  But I sure made it the next day.


This is how they all look together.  I have two sets of dishes that I can use these with.  I think I had a very productive day, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked my little shopping trip.

Hope you will leave a comment as my staff likes it when I read them.

Mary


Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party Thursdays
Between Naps on the Porch - Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday

Rooted in Thyme - Simple & Sweet Friday

40 comments:

  1. Mary,
    How fun this place looks. I bet there are a lot of wonderful treasures to be had in there. I love going through places like that. Glad you had a good day with a good friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris - there was so much to see that you could spend hours there. You would down a aisle and have to turn around and go back as there so much furniture you couldn't get by.
      Have a great Labor Day weekend.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. OH my God I miss that one when't we was living SC, I know were is this place My HB work in Irvine for 2 1/2 years if aver move back to Cali I be there and so glad you and Phyllis had nice time.
    Blessing
    XOX
    Isora
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great place. They used to be in Fountain Valley, but moved about a year ago. About a 1/2 mile from there on Jamboree and Alton parkway there is a strip mall of just Asian restaurants, etc. We ate at the Kickin
      Crab restaurant and the food was sooooooooooo good. Yumm yumm they had buttered garlic noodles. WOW were they ever good.
      Have a great Labor Day weekend Isora.
      Thanks so much for stopping by
      Mary

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great place, I have never heard of it...and in Irvine you say. I am a faux food lover so I am a bit envious of your haul, you are going to have so much fun arranging all of those treats! This looks like a super place to go for a great bargain

    I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend. So far it hasn't been to hot, I was even able to work in the garden this morning...isn't it nice to look forward to cooler weather, and maybe even some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to try that place - the faux food looks so real that I wanted one of the danish to eat LOL.
      My friend found faux sushi and it looks so real. They were a great price. Have you ever been to Shinodo's?
      It is a wholesale decorator place with everything you can image. They have so much faux food but are very pricey. They will be having their Christmas Show next Sunday. The trees will be decorated with all the latest decorations for this year. I won't go because there will be way to many people to even be able to look at anything.
      My yard is terrible and I won't even do a post about it. My gardener had a accident so they have been only sending one person and he does such a terrible job that the weeds have taken over. With the water shortage I have cut way back on watering after I got my bill and had a heart attack, it was sooooooo much. But, I am afraid if he doesn't start sending another person I will have to find someone else.
      Have a terrific weekend and I am so looking forward to cooler weather.
      Mary

      Delete
  4. Mary, what a fun store! I would have a ball in a place like that. Love your faux food. Always fun! The linens are lovely and I can't wait to see them in tables capes. Glad you were able to get the other pretty glass! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, Looks like you had a great time. What a fabulous place to shop and the prices sound amazing. I sure loved what you purchased and loved the story of the broken glass. So glad she held the last one for you. The faux food is so fun. I have some here and love to stage with them. The linens are so pretty too and the fall color is perfect going into the season.

    Thank you for stopping by my feature today at Kris's and your kind comment. You are such a dear and sweet blog friend.
    Have a great holiday weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so stopping by - don;t you just love that store. The faux food looks so good that I had to bake this morning LOL.
      I so enjoyed reading all about you and your career. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and son. You are such a talented lady and everything you make is beautiful.
      Have a great weekend.
      Mary

      Delete
  6. Hi Mary,

    What an interesting concept for a store! I imagine it's quite similar to the idea of what we refer to in Canada as 'floor models', which are items that have been used for the store's displays, and usually start off at half price. My very first sofa and dining room set were floor models, and I still have the second! I see there is a lovely selection of different styles of merchandise, too. I know that if I were to visit such a place, I'd either need to go on a full stomach or break for lunch, as I would want to spend several hours in there to search at my own pace and not be rushed. I get the feeling that that's what you got to do since you came away with the crusty copies, beautiful blue wine glasses, pretty fall coloured napkins and lovely rings for them. It's either that, or those faux sweetbreads start to look pretty appetizing after a while!!;))

    Can't wait to see how you will use them in your next seasonal tablescape!

    Happy Sunday, sweetie!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Mary, what a great place. If I were in there I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven!. I love open houses and all the beautiful ways they are furnished and what fun to have a store close by like that. How lucky you were to get the other glass. They sure are pretty..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun place to shop! Wow! I'd really like to visit! Was the furniture reasonable? We have a place an hour or so away that has used stuff from motels that sell. Some is good, some not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of any place like this! It looks amazing, and you got some fun things-those glasses are such a pretty color :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know such a store existed, but I think it's a very good idea. Items must be nearly new and the prices are great. I love those blue glasses you chose, perfect for a dinner with two friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary,
    What a great place this is to get ideas and furniture for our houses. I always love to go into the model homes and get ideas from them. It's so much fun and inspiring for me. The paintings look very cool, and those blue glasses are so pretty. How fun that you and Phyllis got together and spent the day here. She is such a sweet blog friend.

    What an interesting concept and a great way to get deals on custom furniture. Thanks for sharing, it was very interesting.

    I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend, Mary.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Mary what a great place to shop for the home. I love everything that you bought and so glad you were able to get another glass. I love the color of the glasses and glad you had a fun time with your friend. Take care and have a wonderful week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like such a fun place to shop, Mary! I love all of your treasures, those wine glasses are gorgeous! Love your napkins and rings too. What a great bargain. Katie says to tell your staff "woof"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love a store like that by us!!! That is a brilliant idea! And your glasses are so very pretty!!! I am so glad you were able to get a new one!! Wishing you a lovely weekend! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments. Yes, it is a great store and I love when the have a living room all set-up. You can get some wonderful decorating ideas.
      I just love the glasses and can hardly wait to do a tablescape. I have my thinking cap on LOL
      Have a great day.
      Mary

      Delete
  15. WOW- Mary!!! I would LOVE To go there with you...even though I don't need a danged thing. lol I am slowly easing back into blogging over the next couple of weeks. I have missed you though! Hope you had a Happy Labor Day.

    You know dropping that glass and breaking it while leaving one behind is just the sort of thing that happens to me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the items you purchased Mar and I can't wait to see the wonderful tablescape you do with those, love the colors and the rusty colored napkins will go wonderful for the fall and all the pumpkin colors....loved the Danish and bread you purchased...they are so much fun to play with...Glad you liked the store....

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome store! I need to find out if there is one in the NYC area:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great place to shop and you found some really great bargains!
    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  19. You found some treasures!!! Those napkin rings are to die for!! I am glad I am too far away. I could get into a lot of trouble there!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...what an amazing place!...if I had one near me, I would be there every day...well, maybe one a week :)
    You certainly got some great buys!....love the glasses and the napkins and rings!....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy, is today my lucky day, Mary! 1. I finally got a post out there, and you were the first to comment--thanks so much for taking the time and your nice words. 2. We visit OC often because we have family there. I cannot.wait.to get to this place! How fabulous that this happened to be your post when I visited back!! Thanks again for visiting. Your finds were wonderful, and I'm so glad you were able to get the 5th...well, 4th goblet! :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always knew they had more fun in California!!!!
    If I were going to be jealous of anyone, it would be you gals who live near this great looking place!!!
    I guess you, too, have a thing for table linens. I have three drawers of tablecloths that don't fit any table in this place. What is it about fabric??? LOL Thanks for sharing your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Mary…how I wish this store was near me - where is it anyway? Looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon. I saw SHOES…do they really use shoes for staging?? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how neat is that store?! I would love to go shopping there. Too bad I live all the way in GA though. You found some pretty things. I love all the pretty napkins you found. You can use those to line baskets too for serving food.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary, revisiting this post is such an inspiration. I love all the treasures here and I could have a great time shopping. Sounds like you are very busy with closet clean out. I have done the same and it feels so great to be done doesn't it? Have fun decorating and I hope your weather cools off soon. We are predicted for cooler weather on Thursday. I hope so. We are ready!!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, what great fun! I need a friend like Phyllis to suggest such a thing. This is my kind of day out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that is an amazing warehouse. I can just imagine all the goodies in there. What a fun way to spend the day with a friend. I am sure you walked away with something.... This is also my kind of day.

    Thank so much for your comforting words. They truly made a difference. I am so grateful for your kind heart.

    Wishing you a blessed week,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't think they have anything like this here in Canada. I would love to shop somewhere like this. You certainly came home with some great affordable finds!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Mary,
    I would love to shop there. You really did find some great deals..napkins for $1.. you can't beat that. When we used to visit my parents in Sarasota FL, one of the most fun things to do was visit the models there.. We had never seen anything like that in my small south georgia town.
    I like your new blue wine glasses and tablescape idea...very pretty.
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved the pictures. Wish there was a place like that around here.
    Love Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! What fun for you and Phyllis. Sounds like a neat place to visit. I don't think we have a place like that in Utah. I haven't heard from you in awhile, and I am checking on you. Hope you are well. Sounds like you are. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great place! I would have gone napkin shopping crazy with those great prices. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is not easy for you to find the best places where you can shop for your wedding supplies. It is also very difficult for you to create wedding decorations on your own by using cheap objects and craft supplies that you can turn into pieces that look expensive.
    www.electricbicycletechnologies.com |

    www.fcnbusiness.com |

    www.georgiagrouptours.com |

    www.greencostaricahomes.com |

    www.grobautomation.com |

    ReplyDelete
  34. timberland femme pas cher That you are timberland femme pas cher willing to do. Sister, you talk with your little brother do it, how can you follow Guo old man, Hearts chaussure timberland pas cher hurt too much, so they need a genuine than the average person. She read the . cheap suddenly remembered timberland homme pas cher what timberland femme pas cher they want to ask, the poison is how it was. played in turn benefits the topic shifted to on this timberland femme pas cher issue.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete